Teaching, Learning & Education Development Courses
Certified courses to progress your career as an educator.
The Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching and Learning is intended for educators who want to:
- Critically engage with the principles and concepts of teaching and learning to improve their effectiveness as teachers
- Gain further knowledge, skills and understanding to develop inclusive approaches to teaching and learning
- Use opportunities to adopt different approaches to teaching and learning to improve their own practice and their students’ learning
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
- Develop their reflective practice skills to evaluate and improve their classroom practice
- Improve their classroom practice using the process of practitioner inquiry
- Progress their teaching career
MODULE 2: TEACHING & LEARNING IN ACTION Candidates will gain further knowledge, skills and understanding to develop inclusive and active learning approaches in their practice. Candidates will extend their understanding of planning a scheme of learning, the use of formative assessments for learning, the importance of individual and collaborative learning strategies and approaches that best lend themselves to inclusive learning. MODULE 3: DEVELOPING PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE Candidates will critically engage with principles of learning and further improve their classroom practice using the process of practitioner inquiry. Candidates will develop a deeper understanding on the use of reflective thinking skills to identify effective aspects of their classroom practice. They will also carry out a practitioner inquiry to change and improve their own teaching practice.
Candidates are assessed through an ePortfolio of evidence, submitted to a team of Cambridge International examiners using PDQ Connect, an online platform. In the portfolio, candidates demonstrate their knowledge, skills and understanding in the context of their own work. Portfolio evidence includes:
- Observing a colleague’s classroom practice
- Planning, teaching, learning and assessment materials that arise naturally out of the teaching process
- Feedback from mentor, colleagues, students and others
- The candidate’s own reflections on their learning and practice
Learn from the Expert who Walks the Talk
Meet your professional instructor to guide you on your learning journey and beyond.
Ms Yee Weng Yan
Lecturer and Coordinator, Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications
Explore Your Passion With Us
Welcome to Methodist College Kuala Lumpur - a College where values and tradition meet excellence in education!